Junior Legal Counsel*
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.At BioNTech, you will become part of a worldwide forerunner in the development of a completely new type of immunotherapy against cancer using individualized tumor vaccines. Your duties as Junior Legal Counsel in detail:
- Support BioNTech's scientific projects by assisting with the negotiation of various types of contracts (in particular confidentiality agreements, material transfer and technology evaluation agreements, collaboration agreements and R&D services agreements with academic institutions)
- Assist with maintaining corporate policies and procedures and ensure consistent application of these throughout the business
- Support the scientific project teams in the management of all legal aspects of ongoing and new projects with academic institutions and support the legal team with contract templates and contract amendments
- Assess and manage legal risks, in particular relating to intellectual property, by balancing competing interests in the best overall company interest
- Act as a strong business partner regarding drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of contracts related to the evaluation and collaboration with third parties
What you have to offer.
- Graduate and a qualified lawyer with relevant experience in the Life Science sector or in advising Life Science companies
- Business law experience gained at a law firm or in a corporate legal department, including experience in drafting, negotiating and closing contracts in the Life Science sector
- Experience in advising on intellectual property law matters
- Good working knowledge of the German law and relevant European legislation
- Good drafting skills and ability to analyze complex legal issues. Strong verbal & written communication skills together with a high ability to influence and negotiate
- Fluent in English; the ability to read and speak German at a high level is beneficial
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, Margarita Hoffmann will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you