Director* System Engineering
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.As a part of our lighthouse project iNeST, you will soon take the next critical step with us. With BioNTech, you will become a worldwide forerunner in the development of a completely new type of immunotherapy against cancer using individualized tumor vaccines. In this role, you will implement processes and metrics to ensure that the team is extremely efficient and focused to bring iNeST to market. Your duties in detail:
- Provide thought-leadership toward continuous improvement across people in a highly effective team of passionate engineers, regarding processes and technologies with a constant eye on improving the user experience
- Take responsibility for driving consistent releases in an agile manner and coordinate all necessary activities in the release process
- Set the technical direction for the team, drive the evolution of the systems architecture, and make appropriate technology choices
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our engineering organization
- Ensure an effective alignment of technology to support business strategies and deliver business results through flawless execution
What you have to offer.
- Completed university degree (PhD or Master's) in computer sciences, software engineering or a comparable field with at least five years of professional experience in a pharma or biotech company
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience in agile software development and validation, shown in a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle – preferrably in the GMP/GxP context
- Proficient experience in the pharma/biotech industry and its manufacturing IT solutions (production control, MES, LIMS) and software development; DevOps experience is beneficial
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-departmental relationships and motivate team members, together with a positive, can-do attitude and value collaboration
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, Johanna Malich will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you